Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel | Cherry Hill, NJ
Universal Technical Resource Services, Inc. | 2002 – present
Provided strategic direction and leadership to manage rapid growth phase (organic and inorganic) of international engineering and IT government services firm from 80 employees and $15 million to over 300 employees and $60 million revenue in a period of less than 6 years and increased bottom line profitability through business and technology infrastructure development.
- Direct responsibility for management and operations of entire business model including P&L and annual budgeting. Develop and implement strategic and innovative concepts for growth. Manager of 35 direct reports.
- Restructured and reorganized entire business model to segregate functions and develop checks and balances systems and bolstered infrastructure to manage extreme rapid growth. Implemented ERP and workflow automation and updated business processes.
- Responsible for all legal and compliance programs, review and drafting of agreements; merger and acquisition determination and due diligence; risk management, benefits and insurance plans.
- Support all aspects of new business development including proposal writing and quality control.
- Drive corporate culture and develop leadership and management training through bi-annual managers’ meetings and webinar training series.
- Program manage multi-million dollar civilian agency client
- Implement and manage software design, development and testing for web application with White House visibility.
- Manage corporate divisions including Human Resources, Shared Services Groups, and New Business Development as well as operational divisions.
- Manage all start-up divisions; develop business and marketing models.
- Design and implement growth strategies and manage protégé entities and strategic partnerships.
Of Counsel | Paramus, NJ
Nicoll Davis & Spinella | 2016- present
Serve as Of counsel to prestigious NJ law firm specializing in Outside General Counsel services to mid-cap companies across myriad industries. Provide specialized services for government contracting and technology companies leveraging operations and legal background.
Board of Advisors | Philadelphia, PA
Hangtime Media | 2015 – present
Serve as Advisory Board Member to start-up media company in the high tech drone space. Provide strategic direction and mentorship to manage start-up through initial growth phase. Assist with budget modeling and capital fund-raising as well as recruitment for additional Advisory Board members. Analyze technology plans and provide direction and guidance.
Director of Legal Administration| New York, NY
Insight Communications Company, Inc. | 1999 -2002
Joined 8th largest MSO to assist with IPO and handle acquisition integration of new systems which doubled size of company. Implemented infrastructure to handle new requirements and managed and settled large scale class action litigation around the country on highly favorable terms to company.
- Responsible for review, negotiation, drafting and administration of various types of agreements for 8th largest MSO delivering advanced television and broadband services to consumers in the Midwest.
- Assist in drafting and assembling disclosure documents, including 10-Ks, 10Qs, Proxy Statements, S-4s. Technical liaison between engineering departments, legal and finance and accounting.
- Manage and review various claims, disputes and litigation throughout country, including large class action lawsuits relating to cable operations, including internal investigation and responses to discovery requests in litigation and governmental investigations.
- Prepare and perform due diligence in contemplation of new acquisitions throughout country.
- Maintain database of various agreements and franchises, track tickler dates and take appropriate action to ensure compliance with all governmental or contract requirements.
- Review all legal bills and coordinate proper accounting treatment and budgeting; negotiate discounts where appropriate.
Associate – Corporate & Securities Department| New York, NY
Ballon, Stoll, Bader & Nadler, P.C. | 1998 to 1999
Handled various corporate matters for a wide range of clients, specifically in the fashion industry with such well known clients as Jill Stuart, Diane von Furstenberg and Oleg Cassini.
- Negotiate and draft agreements including, shareholders’ agreements, stock purchase agreements, escrow agreements, license agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Form corporations and LLCs, maintain corporate minute books; perform various corporate status checks, UCC filings, lien searches and legal research on securities and corporate issues on a daily basis.
- Review and prepare closing, loan and factoring documents and attend closings.