525,600 Minutes on the Highway
525,600 moments so dear
How do you measure, measure a year?
I can’t believe it’s been 525,600 minutes since I went out on my own. There’s been a lot of ups and downs this past year, to say the least, but it has been incredibly rewarding and empowering while at the same time exhausting. I find myself reading more than ever before and looking for inspirational quotes on social media or just talking with friends and colleagues. @GaryVee says you have to “put in the work” and keep hustling and executing to create your legacy. Nothing can be truer. Taking on bold initiatives and dreaming big can only be accomplished when you wake up every day and plan, execute and then reflect to find continuously improve. I do this every day of my life – it’s not easy, but it’s fulfilling. Thinking back to the first days in my new office by myself wondering how was I going to make this all work it all feels like a whirlwind. Here are some highlights of this year:
- I have new fantastic clients both supporting with strategic consulting as well as outside General Counsel services;
- I’ve joined ranks with some of the best lawyers and all around people I’ve ever met at Nicoll, Davis and Spinella LLP
- I’ve met amazing and inspirational people and networked with them, had great conversations and learned from all of them
- I’ve taken literally 100s of meetings just because you never know
- I’ve had failures and learned from every one of them
- I’ve supported strategic growth of companies and been rewarded with helping people define their goals and find ways to meet those goals
- I’ve found there are still generous people out there that genuinely want to help others
It’s truly a privilege to work with great people and be trusted to help them. To those of you that have supported me in this journey I want to thank you. I’ll keep learning, keep hustling and keep trying to be relevant on the highway of life and hope you’ll jump in for the ride whether it’s for an exit or two or for the long haul with me. Here’s to the next 525,600 minutes.